At some point, every business must undergo periods of organizational change that determine its future growth and sustainability. When that time comes for your business, we guide you through the transition so you have peace of mind and confidence in your decision
Buckingham’s Mergers and Acquisitions practice group regularly advises private companies, closely-held businesses, family offices, and private equity firms and their portfolio companies by executing strategic transaction solutions that enables them to leverage growth opportunities and achieve their business objectives. Our team has experience representing our clients in multiple roles, whether as a buyer, seller, lender, or intermediary, across multiple industries, including: manufacturing, technology, transportation and logistics, aerospace, food, construction, health care, oil and gas, and services industries.
Our transaction attorneys have deep experience in guiding companies through competitive auction processes, carve-out transactions, negotiated transactions, and other complex business and financing transactions. We are skilled in recommending strategies, negotiating purchase agreements, advising on financing and deal structures, reviewing and negotiating representations and warranty insurance, and managing due diligence to minimize deal risk.
Further, our transaction team is multidisciplinary. We engage members of the Firm’s key practice areas – business, tax, finance, employment, real estate, and intellectual property, among others, to advise our clients on the complex issues involved in mergers and acquisitions. From smaller deals to those in excess of $300 million, our transaction teams have the experience to anticipate critical issues to enable our clients to get their deals closed on time.
Areas of Practice
- • Business
- • Negotiating and Preparing Contracts
- • Preparing for the Purchase or Sale of a Business
- • Structuring and Implementing Acquisitions, Dispositions, Mergers and Reorganizations
- Attorneys in this Practice Area
News and Publications
- CONFLICT ISSUES IN THE SALE OF CLOSELY HELD BUSINESSES | TENSIONS AMONG FAMILY MEMBERS
- SMART BUSINESS: Noncompete agreements can easily become a point of conflict in M&A transactions
- Crain’s Cleveland | Purchase price adjustments in M&A: Avoiding costly mistakes
- Crain’s Cleveland | Your window of opportunity to sell is now: Here’s how to be sure you’re ready
- Park District, Land Conservancy Partner to Buy Modroo Farm
- SEC Enforcement Action May Clarify the Need of Private Equity Firms to Register as Broker-Dealers
- BUCKINGHAM HIRES BUSINESS ASSOCIATE, ALEXANDER C. CAMPBELL
- BUSINESS PARTNER MICHAEL A. ELLIS JOINS BUCKINGHAM
- A Letter of Intent: It’s Like Dating
- Sales Tax Refund
- Low Tax Rates and Incentives Give Ohio a Business-Friendly Landscape, Spurring Economic Recovery and Growth
- Cash Deposit Requirement in Real Estate Purchase Contracts