Our Commitment to Diversity
Diversity Committee Mission Statement
Buckingham is dedicated to increasing diversity among its attorneys and staff to improve the practice of law internally and throughout the community. Building a diverse workforce is not achieved in a moment. It requires a sustained commitment, concerted effort and the time and attention of all of us. Our Firm is striving to continue to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity in order to better serve our clients. Buckingham believes that to be a strong Firm, we need to have a diverse table with people bringing ideas from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
A Message from our Managing Partner
Together we can achieve more
At Buckingham, we believe diversity drives innovation and plays an important role in being successful. Having individuals with a wide range of experiences can help generate new ideas about services and practices. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity is an important part of our culture at Buckingham. We recognize that providing exceptional service to our clients can best be accomplished in a thriving, diverse workplace. We are committed to strengthening diversity within our Firm through diversity-related education and training opportunities, and also by recruiting and retaining the finest talent from all backgrounds, perspectives and abilities. Promoting diversity is an integral part of our mission to strive for excellence as individuals and as a Firm.
Diversity, equity and inclusion will continue to be key areas of focus at Buckingham as we continuously drive the progress of these critical concepts. We are a place where different perspectives are not only accepted, but celebrated.
We are one Buckingham, comprised of many individuals with unique perspectives and experiences to best serve our clients, our employees and our communities.
Managing Partner Video
Buckingham’s Diversity Committee:
Katie Duffy, Partner, Diversity Committee Chair
Holly Barnicoat-Kutscher, Legal Assistant
Sarah Blank, Associate
Kelly C. Bokoch, Associate
Scott Cerny, Paralegal
Steve Dimengo, Managing Partner
Nick George, Partner
Justin Greenfelder, Partner
Jamie Grippi, Paralegal
Derrick Haines, Partner
Caytie Matti, Human Resources Manager
Erin Myers, Director of Marketing
Carmen Roberto, Of Counsel
James Simon, Partner
Heather Steele, Associate
Dustin Vrabel, Partner
Recent Initiatives & Events
- Participation in the 2020 Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Challenge
- Working with diverse student groups at several area law schools
- Ladder Down – Kelly Bokoch is participating in Ladder Down, a year-long program that provides direct training and career development through a combination of coaches, sponsors, and participants to empower women lawyers in three critical areas: leadership, business development, and mentoring.
- Women’s Network Leadership Institute – Katie Duffy participated in the Greater Akron Chamber’s Managing with Strength series hosted by the Women’s Network Leadership Institute. This program focused on teaching managers to dynamically lead individuals and teams to perform at their highest levels.
- Presentation on The Benefits of an Inclusive Environment with Robert DeJournett, the Vice President of Opportunity & Inclusion at the Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckingham is committed to fostering a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. It is the policy of our firm to provide equal employment opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, age, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
For more information about our firm’s diversity efforts, please contact Steve Dimengo, Buckingham’s Managing Partner, or Katie Duffy, Chair of Buckingham’s Diversity Committee.
Steve Dimengo: [email protected] or 330.258.6460
Katie Duffy: [email protected] or 330.258.6406