Dustin J. Vrabel
Dustin J. Vrabel advises clients on mergers, acquisitions, sale transactions, equity and debt financings, and other complex transactions. He has led multiple teams in connection with complex acquisitions, divestitures, and financings ranging from several million to more than $300 million across a broad spectrum of industries, including transportation and logistics, manufacturing, food, construction, health care, oil and gas, and services industries. Dustin has significant experience working with strategic and financial buyers and sellers, closely-held and family businesses, and private equity firms and their portfolio companies, which enables him to anticipate issues and guide transactions to closing.
He also serves as outside general counsel to several middle-market private companies and provides general corporate and business counseling with respect to corporate governance, sale and distribution agreements, succession planning and other contract matters.
Dustin is a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and a member of the Business Law Practice Group. A summary of Dustin’s recent representative transactions is listed below under experience.
- His recent representative transactions include:
- Represented a leading national transportation company in multiple U.S. and cross-border stock transactions for purchase prices ranging between $10 million to over $225 million.
- Represented a manufacturing company in merger with portfolio company of global alternative asset manager for ~$140 million.
- Represented a national manufacturing company in connection with their syndicated credit facility in excess of ~$300 million.
- Represented closely-held manufacturing company in connection with competitive auction process and sale to private equity firm for ~$35 million.
- Represented a leading national transportation company in a carve-out acquisition from a publicly-traded company for in excess of $55 million.
- Represented a leading national transportation company in a carve-out acquisition from a publicly-traded company for in excess of ~$18 million.
- Represented a leading national transportation company in reverse subsidiary merger for ~$37 million.
- Represented a national manufacturing company in asset acquisition of new plant for ~$12 million.
- Represented a critical access hospital in connection with their acquisition and membership substitution by a leading regional health system.
- Represented a community hospital in connection with their affiliation with a national health system.
- Represented a veterinary hospital in sale for ~$16 million to private equity firm, with simultaneous rollover investment.
- Represented a services company in a carve-out sale of its residential heating oil and commercial fuels business division in a competitive auction process.
- Represented leading convenience store and gasoline chain business in multiple acquisitions of convenience store and gasoline chains, national QSR franchises, and commercial real estate for continued expansion.
- Represented food manufacturing company in acquisition of new business line for ~$15 million.
- Represented a manufacturer in sale of business to strategic buyer for ~$10 million.
- Represented a storage and distribution services company in sale of assets to strategic buyer for ~$15 million in competitive auction process.
- Represented a manufacturing company in asset sale to private equity firm for ~$9 million.
- Represented a closely-held manufacturing company in strategic merger with competitor.
- His recent representative transactions include:
- Education & Admissions
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York (J.D., 2007)
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio (B.S., 2004)
- Ohio Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Awards & Honors
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio’s Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars™ (2001-2015), as voted by his peers
- Professional & Civic
- Vice Chairman: Board of Governors, Brookside Country Club
- Member: Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic Church
- Former Member: Board of Directors, Central Catholic High School
- Former Member, Board of Directors: Habitat for Humanity of Stark and Carroll Counties
- Former Member, Executive Board: Buckeye Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Graduate: Leadership Stark County
- Member: American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Antitrust Section, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: Stark County Bar Association
- Member: Stark County Bar Association, Administrative Committee for the Corporate Law Section
- Presentations &
- <strong>Presentations:</strong> <ul> <li>Speaker: “Essential Legal Issues when Transferring Your Business,” Ohio Employee Ownership Center (2010)</li> <li>Speaker: “Introduction to Employee Stock Ownership Plans,” Ohio Employee Ownership Center (2008)</li> <li>Speaker: “LLC, LLP and Partnership Liability Issues,” Lorman Education Seminar (2008)</li> <li>Speaker: “Business and Regulatory Issues,” Tri-County Restaurant Association (2007)<strong> </strong></li> </ul> <strong>Publications:</strong> <ul> <li>“Back to Basics: Avoiding Fraud and Abuse,” <em>MD News</em> (2011)</li> <li>“One Bite at a Time: PPACA’s Immediate Impact on Physicians,” <em>MD News</em> (2010)</li> <li>“Paying for Reform- Physicians Must be More Vigilant than Ever When Submitting Claims,” <em>MD News</em> (2010)</li> <li>“Proposed Identity Theft Rules Have Physicians Seeing Red,” <em>MD News</em> (2009)</li> <li>“Anti-Markup Rules Take Aim at Reducing Sticker Shock for Purchased Diagnostic Services,” <em>MD News</em> (2009)</li> <li>“Stimulus Incentives: Look Before You Leap,” <em>MD News</em> (2009)</li> </ul>