Buckingham represents landowners confronted with various oil and gas legal issues throughout Ohio. Whether it is litigating on behalf of landowners against oil and gas companies, assisting landowners in royalty audits, or negotiating oil and gas leases, pipeline right-of-way agreements, or mineral sales to procure the best terms for our clients, Buckingham attorneys possess the skill, knowledge, and experience necessary to guide you through these complex issues. As landowner advocates, our attorneys work with you to identify your goals, establish a plan of action, and then implement that plan to achieve the best possible results.
Attorney Joshua E. O’Farrell is the Chair of Buckingham’s Oil and Gas practice and is recognized as one of the leading landowner attorneys in Ohio. Attorney O’Farrell has been named Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars™ (2016-2020) in Energy and Natural Resources, is recognized by the Ohio Farm Bureau for his work on behalf of landowners, and successfully argued on behalf of landowners in the Supreme Court of Ohio. Buckingham’s Oil and Gas practice is equipped to assist Ohio landowners on any issue they may face.
- Areas of Practice
- Attorneys in this Practice Area
News and Publications
- Buckingham’s 17th Annual Real Estate, Construction Law Seminar Set for April 29
- Ohio Supreme Court: Municipalities Cannot Obstruct Oil and Gas Development That the State Has Permitted
- Seventh District Enforces Arbitration Clause in Oil and Gas Leases
- Ohio’s Natural Gas and Crude Oil Industry Projected to Create Many New Jobs (and Not Just for Lawyers)
- Amendment to Ohio’s Dormant Mineral Act
- The Seventh District Court of Appeals Clarifies Ohio’s Dormant Mineral Act
- Crain’s Cleveland Shale Summit Gives Glimpse Into Future of Shale Production
- Ohio Is the New Hot Spot for Oil and Gas Leasing