| Akron (Fairlawn)
Areas of Practice
Assistant | Melisa Parker : [email protected]
My practice involves representing clients in matters involving business and commercial litigation, real estate, land use, zoning, and oil and gas development.
As a litigator, I have over a decade of experience handling complex disputes in courts throughout Northeast Ohio, from inception through trial. I am dedicated to providing thorough, informed, and cost-effective representation in all phases of litigation to achieve the best possible outcomes for my clients and their businesses.
I also have experience assisting real estate developers and municipalities with land use transactions involving zoning, permitting, code compliance, eminent domain, and condemnation proceedings.
Since 2011, I have represented both oil and gas producers and landowners in all phases of development, from title disputes, leasing, and mineral acquisition – through unitization, drilling, and end-market production. I have represented producers in oil and gas-related cases throughout Southeast Ohio and in the Ohio Supreme Court.
I put my clients’ needs first. No matter how big or small, you can count on me to diligently advocate for you every step of the way.
- Joined Buckingham in 2023
- Previously worked at large regional and national law firms where represented major energy producers and midstream companies in complex litigation involving land use and mineral rights, oil and gas leases, pipeline easements, surface and water use agreements, and well drilling, maintenance, and production/royalty disputes
- The University of Akron School of Law, JD, 2009
- Miami University, cum laude, BA, 2006
- Ohio (2009)
- Pennsylvania (2022)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio (2011)
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (2011)
- 30 for the Future, Greater Akron Chamber, 2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016-2023
- Selected as Akron Law Alumni Association's Outstanding Student Leader of the Year, 2009
- Member, Board of Directors, Akron Symphony Orchestra
- Member, American Arbitration Association's Panel of Consumer Arbitrators, 2021-Present
- Past President, Board of Directors, Akron Law Alumni Association, 2018 - Present
- Member, Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Member, Ohio Oil & Gas Association
- Member, Miami University Alumni Association
- Akron Bar Association's Leadership Academy, Class of 2017
- Boys Varsity Soccer Coach, North High School (Akron, Ohio), 2013-2016
- Member, Board of Directors, Dapper Dan Club of Akron, 2015-2017
- Akron Bar Association
- Past Chair, Real Property & Environmental Law Section
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Steering Committee
- "Basics of Landlord and Tenant Relationships," Co-speaker, Akron Bar Association, Webinar (September 22, 2021)
- "The Rights & Process for a Municipal Appropriation," Presenter, Akron Bar Association, Live Interactive CLE (September 2, 2020)
- "Forced Utilization and Pooling Orders," Presenter, Ohio State Bar Association's 2017 Oil & Gas Update, Akron, Ohio (November 17, 2017)
- "Oil & Gas Law Update, Presenter, Akron Bar Association's 2015 Oil & Gas CLE, Akron, Ohio (November 5, 2015)
- "Understanding Ohio's Marketable Title Act and Dormant Mineral Act," Presenter and Panelist, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association's 2015 Oil & Gas CLE Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (May 14, 2015)
- "Acquisition of Pipeline Easements in Ohio," Presenter, IR/WA Chapter 13 Law Day Seminar, Plain City, Ohio (November 18, 2014)
- "Ohio's Dormant Mineral Act: Addressing a Potential Title Problem Created by Severed Mineral Estates," Co-author, 35 Energy & Min. L. Inst., (2014)
CONNECT WITH Alex
Our attorneys will provide a collaborative, thoughtful approach to your legal needs. We look forward to connecting with you.