My practice is concentrated in the areas of medical malpractice defense and business litigation, and I also enjoy the other various litigation matters that the Firm serves. I am most proud of the fact that our Firm aggressively serves the needs of each client with integrity, efficiency, and ingenuity.
I am looking forward to continue developing and applying my legal knowledge to real world practice both in and out of the office, and about seeing the benefits of that experience. I have extensive trial experience having sat second chair for more than eight trials and have successfully litigated and counseled clients in county, federal and appellate courts. My current defense-oriented practice is enhanced by prior experience on the other side of such matters. This provides me with a unique perspective, used to anticipate issues strategies on the other side, to best serve our clients’ interests.
As a Cleveland native, I am passionate about exploring what the revitalized city has to offer as it continues to develop.
- Joined Buckingham in 2022
- Moscarino & Treu, LLP – Associate Attorney
- McCarthy, Lebit, Crystal & Liffman, LPA – Associate Attorney
- United States Department of Justice, Office of the Pardon Attorney, Intern - Washington D.C.
- United States Department of Justice, Narcotic and Dangerous Drug Section, Intern - Washington D.C.
- United States Attorney's Office, Northern District of Ohio, Criminal Division Intern
- Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office, Law Clerk
- University of Richmond, BA, 2009
- Cum laude
- Case Western Reserve University, JD, 2012
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2023), as voted by peers
- Cleveland Botanical Garden’s Young Leaders Board, Former Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Litigation Council, Former Member
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA)
CONNECT WITH Katie
Our attorneys will provide a collaborative, thoughtful approach to your legal needs. We look forward to connecting with you.