David J. Myers
Partner | Cleveland
Areas of Practice
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
Assistant | Barb Hajduk : [email protected]
Born near the end of Generation X, I came of age alongside the technology we now take for granted. I exchanged spiral-bound notebooks at St. Xavier High School for computer labs at the University of Cincinnati. As a student at Notre Dame Law School, I dutifully took notes using a folding keyboard connected to my PDA. I had a PC at my desk from day one as a young lawyer.
Convinced that technology would disrupt the practice of law, in 2007 I joined SpliceNet, a technology consulting company. For 14 years, I consulted on line-of-business applications, built servers, migrated businesses to “the cloud,” earned coveted certifications from Sophos, LexisNexis, and Microsoft, and eventually focused on keeping computer systems secure in an increasingly-dangerous world.
In August of 2021, I left SpliceNet, where I had ultimately become a shareholder, to begin a new journey with Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLC. Buckingham has served businesses in the Cleveland, Akron and Canton areas for over 100 years. Now, as part of that family, I passionately provide “white glove treatment” for cybersecurity, data privacy and technology law issues to businesses of all sizes across Northeast Ohio.
I live in Lakewood with my wife, my two daughters, and two dogs. I spent years training in mixed martial arts, including Muay Thai kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Kali. Now my free time is less intense, spent fishing or working with hobby electronics.
News & Articles
- Leverages legal, technical and business experience to deploy data privacy and compliance solutions, functioning as Chief Information Officer to consult with businesses in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
- Recognized as a "go-to" resource for other attorneys regarding data privacy and cyberlaw issues
- Forges cross-functional collaborations among legal, technology and management teams to align operations with corporate guidelines and regulations
- Former owner of his own data privacy, cybersecurity and technology firm (2006 - 2021)
- Former co-owner of SpliceNet, a research and development IT Services company (2007 - present)
- University of Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana (Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2004)
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH (BBA in Marketing & International Businesses, 2001)
- Sophos Certified Engineer for XG Firewall
- Sophos EDR Certified Admin
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Ohio (2004)
- U.S. Tax Court (2004)
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth, Cleveland Chapter
- Member, Information Systems Security Association, Northeast Ohio Chapter
- Member, ISACA, Northeast Ohio Chapter
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Startup Mentor, UpTech Technology Accelerator, Covington, KY (2017)
- Board Member & Treasurer, Cheviot United Methodist Preschool, Cincinnati, OH (2016-2017)
- Subject Matter Expert On Demand, Cintrifuse, Cincinnati, OH (2016 - present)
- Advisory Board Member, Cincinnati Stream Baseball Club, Cincinnati, OH (2009)
- Board Member, Verein Der Donauschwaben, Cincinnati, OH (2006-2009)
- Cybersecurity and Ethics: Assessing Risks and Understanding Responsibilities - WealthCounsel Quarterly Volume 10 / Issue 4 (January 2017)
- Cybersecurity Response Plan Tips - Cincinnati Bar Association CBA Report (December 2016)
CONNECT WITH David
Our attorneys will provide a collaborative, thoughtful approach to your legal needs. We look forward to connecting with you.