David J. Myers
Born near the end of Generation X, I came of age alongside the technology we now take for granted. I exchanged spiral-bound notebooks at St. Xavier High School for computer labs at the University of Cincinnati. As a student at Notre Dame Law School, I dutifully took notes using a folding keyboard connected to my PDA. I had a PC at my desk from day one as a young lawyer.
Convinced that technology would disrupt the practice of law, in 2007 I joined SpliceNet, a technology consulting company. For 14 years, I consulted on line-of-business applications, built servers, migrated businesses to “the cloud,” earned coveted certifications from Sophos, LexisNexis, and Microsoft, and eventually focused on keeping computer systems secure in an increasingly-dangerous world.
In August of 2021, I left SpliceNet, where I had ultimately become a shareholder, to begin a new journey with Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLC. Buckingham has served businesses in the Cleveland, Akron and Canton areas for over 100 years. Now, as part of that family, I passionately provide “white glove treatment” for cybersecurity, data privacy and technology law issues to businesses of all sizes across Northeast Ohio.
I live in Lakewood with my wife, my two daughters, and two dogs. I spent years training in mixed martial arts, including Muay Thai kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Kali. Now my free time is less intense, spent fishing or working with hobby electronics.
- Leverages legal, technical and business experience to deploy data privacy and compliance solutions, functioning as Chief Information Officer to consult with businesses in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
- Recognized as a "go-to" resource for other attorneys regarding data privacy and cyberlaw issues
- Forges cross-functional collaborations among legal, technology and management teams to align operations with corporate guidelines and regulations
- Former owner of his own data privacy, cybersecurity and technology firm (2006 - 2021)
- Former co-owner of SpliceNet, a research and development IT Services company (2007 - present)
- Education & Admissions
- University of Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana (Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2004)
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH (BBA in Marketing & International Businesses, 2001)
- Sophos Certified Engineer for XG Firewall
- Sophos EDR Certified Admin
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Ohio (2004)
- U.S. Tax Court (2004)
- Professional & Civic
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth, Cleveland Chapter
- Member, Information Systems Security Association, Northeast Ohio Chapter
- Member, ISACA, Northeast Ohio Chapter
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Startup Mentor, UpTech Technology Accelerator, Covington, KY (2017)
- Board Member & Treasurer, Cheviot United Methodist Preschool, Cincinnati, OH (2016-2017)
- Subject Matter Expert On Demand, Cintrifuse, Cincinnati, OH (2016 - present)
- Advisory Board Member, Cincinnati Stream Baseball Club, Cincinnati, OH (2009)
- Board Member, Verein Der Donauschwaben, Cincinnati, OH (2006-2009)
- Presentations &
- <ul> <li>Cybersecurity and Ethics: Assessing Risks and Understanding Responsibilities - WealthCounsel Quarterly Volume 10 / Issue 4 (January 2017)</li> <li>Cybersecurity Response Plan Tips - Cincinnati Bar Association CBA Report (December 2016)</li> </ul>