Daniel A. Minkler
Dan is a business transaction attorney who works with middle-market companies on mergers and acquisitions, transactions, joint ventures and commercial real estate matters. He provides counsel and guidance to boards of directors as well as business advice to manufacturers, professional medical practices and emerging growth companies. He is experienced in negotiating contracts with successful outcomes.
Dan values his clients’ insights and understands the need to listen to and fully understand the underlying issues before presenting a solution. He enjoys working on and helping clients understand complex matters. Dan develops meaningful relationships by being thoroughly engaged throughout the client process. He listens and delves into client problems and works collaboratively with the client, the client’s team, and his fellow attorneys to fully address a client’s business needs. He is passionate about law and relentlessly pursues creative solutions and new approaches to best fit the client.
- Representation of diversified industries with multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities and business transactions throughout the international community including the structuring and drafting of Distributorship Agreements, Supply Agreements, licenses of intellectual property, trademarks and patents, formation of joint ventures and other commercial transactions.
- Representation of commercial lenders and borrowers in commercial finance transactions including secured lending, asset based loans, letters of credit, loan restructuring, credit enhancements, and mortgage and equipment financing and leasing.
- Representation of small to mid-cap companies in corporate governance, advising Boards of Directors, Employment Agreements, Change in Control Agreements, Transaction Bonus Agreements, Covenants Not to Compete and Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Agreements, and Buy-Sell Agreements.
- Representation of clients in business formations, limited liability law, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, leveraged buyouts, divestitures and spinoffs.
- Education & Admissions
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University (J.D., summa cum laude, Class Rank: 1st, 1979)
- Colgate University, M.A.T. (1978)
- University of Idaho, B.S. (1974)
- Ohio Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Awards & Honors
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (2007 - 2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent™, which is the highest possible rating in both legal and ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the Bar
- Named in Best Lawyers in America® "Lawyer of the Year" for Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2014)