“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it.” In today’s digital world, the significance of Warren Buffett’s well-known adage is greater than ever. Five minutes is more than enough time for anyone to write a fake anonymous review, defame a business, and or destroy a person’s reputation. I understand the pain and damage caused by a fake review or defamatory statement posted on the Internet. Your reputation is the most important asset for you or any business, and protecting that reputation is my number one priority.
In my more than decade of experience representing businesses and individuals, I have gained an understanding of the suffering my clients endure from these attacks and focus my career on representing and aiding my clients in restoring and maintaining their reputation online. I know that these problems are your top priority. I work best under pressure and understand that time is of the essence when it comes to your reputation. I act quickly to make sure that online content is removed and that the source of the negative attacks is swiftly resolved.
When it comes to online defamation, there are no cookie cutter solutions, and each problem requires a different response. From the day I started as an attorney, my sole focus has been pursuing new and unique ways for my clients to achieve their goals and grow their business. Because I understand that every situation is unique, I focus on developing individually tailored strategies for each client that provide timely, cost-effective and successful resolution to each case.
I am a successful litigator that has handled every aspect of litigation and trial as a lead attorney in both state and federal courts, representing businesses and individuals in a broad spectrum of litigation matters. I have a proven track record of success in accomplishing my clients’ goals, including winning favorable jury verdicts, six-figure settlements and injunctive relief.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family, golfing, and watching sports. I volunteer regularly and I am active in several community organizations in the Greater Cleveland area.
- Joined Buckingham in 2022
- Defended a client against Anti-SLAPP motion from media outlet
- Represented a business against a coordinated defamatory campaign on Google Reviews, Ripoff Report, and Yelp.
- Represented an individual in removal of secretly recorded video from more than 30 websites.
- Represented professional in a dispute with a former client who issued numerous false and anonymous reviews on the company website.
- Represented a client in removal of negative posts from Facebook.
- Represented business in identifying and stopping a competitor from posting fake reviews on Google.
- College of Wooster (B.A.)
- Case Western Reserve School of Law (J.D.) • Institute for Global Security Law & Policy, Research Assistant
- Ohio Supreme Court
- S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio’s Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2015-2023), as voted by peers
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Metro Bar Associations, Member
- How to Manage Negative Google Review (May 16, 2023)
- The Importance of Online Reputation for Businesses (May 17, 2023)
CONNECT WITH Andrew
Our attorneys will provide a collaborative, thoughtful approach to your legal needs. We look forward to connecting with you.