Like all businesses, Buckingham is monitoring developments of the COVID-19 pandemic very closely. As our clients face challenges during these uncertain times, we are helping them manage this crisis with confidence and strategic decision making. This page houses articles and resources full of valuable information for businesses in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Contact your Buckingham attorney to discuss any of the topics below and receive helpful guidance on how these news updates and changes impact your business specifically.
Ohio’s Reopening Guidelines
The CARES Act
- Get ready for Paycheck Protection Program Round 2: PPP Loans return in newest COVID-19 relief bill with added tax benefits and additional eligible expenses
- New FAQs address PPP loan forgiveness issues
- Take the Money and Run Your Business (Part II)
- Updates to the Main Street Loan Program
- PPP Loan Update – President signs bill significantly enhancing borrowers’ ability to receive full PPP loan forgiveness
- A Closer Look at the Main Street Loan Program
- Take the Money and Run (Your Business) Webinar Recording
- SBA relaxes threat against borrowers concerning necessity of PPP loans
- Double benefit from PPP loan forgiveness eliminated by disallowing deduction for forgiven expenses
- SBA Provides New Guidance for PPP Loans | Guidance will Apply to Loans Already Made
- The CARES Act and its Impact on the Bankruptcy Code
- What you need to know about SBA Disaster Loans and the Payroll Protection Program
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 Passes
- U.S. Department of Labor puts out additional guidance on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) in its expanded Q&A.
- The U.S. Department of Labor issues model notice as required by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
- DOL releases first round of guidance on Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act – Key Takeaways and Requirements
- Emergency Family Medical Leave Expansion Act – Key Takeaways and Requirements
COVID-19 Labor & Employment Updates
- EEOC Guidance on Employer-Mandated Vaccinations
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Employment Issues (30 minute webinar)
- Unemployment Due to COVID-19
- EEOC Releases Pandemic Guidance
COVID-19 General Business Guidance
- Employee Retention Credit Expanded under Consolidated Appropriations Act: Now Available to PPP Loan Recipients and Extended to 2021
- Should You Seek Recovery for Covid-19 Loss From Your Insurance Company?
- COVID’s Effect on Retail Trends
- Key insights to help you navigate COVID-19 related bankruptcy and other debt restructuring options
- Commercial Landlords and Tenants Walk a Tight Rope When Addressing Unique Issues during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- OCR Will Not Impose Penalties for Noncompliance with HIPAA Regulations Under Good Faith Provision of Telehealth During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Creditors’ rights amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Supreme Court of Ohio issues Tolling Order in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Federal stimulus packages provide significant tax savings and credits to combat the financial impact of COVID-19
- Covid-19 (Coronavirus), Contract Obligations, and the Force Majeure Clause
- Are Coronavirus-related Losses Covered by Insurance? A Look into Business Interruption and Liability Claims