William W. Emley, Sr.
I am a creditors’ rights and collections attorney with over 35 years of experience resolving collection issues, second-hand debt, and other banking law matters for nationwide creditors and finance companies.
I offer value to my clients by my hands-on approach to solving their collections problems. I manage all of my clients’ matters directly, including submitting demand letters, collecting notes, filing suits and securing judgement and post-judgement remedies.
I stay in direct communication with my clients throughout the entire collections process. At the end of the day my goal is to ensure you get paid and reimbursed for the goods and services you provide.
- Practices in the areas of: collections, retail and commercial collections and banking law, as well as handling general commercial matters
- Joined the firm in 1991 as the result of the merger with Amerman, Burt & Jones Co., L.P.A.
- Education & Admissions
- University of California, Berkeley, California (J.D., 1971)
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey (B.A., 1967)
- Ohio Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Awards & Honors
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® in Cincinnati Magazine, as voted by his peers (2004)
- Professional & Civic
- Member: National Association of Retail Credit Attorneys (NARCA)
- Member: Executive Committee, Stark County Bar Association
- Chairman: Notary Committee, Stark County Bar Association
- Trustee: Tuscarawas Philharmonic
- Treasurer: Ohio Creditor's Attorney Association
- President: Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Stark County
- President: Stark County Bar Association
- Chairman, Disputed Fee Committee: Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Unauthorized Practice Committee: Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Municipal Court Committee: Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Certified Grievance Committee: Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Notary Committee: Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Governors: Ohio State Bar Association
- President, Board of Trustees: Tuscarawas Philharmonic Orchestra
- President: Zoar Community Association
- President: Zoar Village Council
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association Council of Delegates
- Member: Stark County Bar Association
- Member: Tuscarawas County Bar Association