Wade T. Doerr
I am a litigation attorney focused on commercial real estate and banking law in Northeast Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. My practice includes asset liquidation, trial and appellate work, litigation, contract negotiation, and loan document preparation for banks and small businesses. My primary goal is to provide value to my clients by recovering money for them in the most efficient manner possible.
- Joined Buckingham in January 2021.
- Experience includes foreclosures, bankruptcy creditor's rights, evictions, real estate sales by judicial sale, private sales, auctions, receiverships, and bankruptcy sales; mechanic's liens, secured transactions, UCC sales, real estate transfers, tax appeals, short sale workouts, civil litigation, corporate and business law, commercial litigation, title claims and lien marshaling. Workout and wind-down litigation and Asset Purchases, Business Liquidations.
- Collections and workouts of SBA loans for The Huntington National Bank, Columbus, Ohio and other lenders.
- Review collateral and liquidate real and personal property for defaulted SBA loans by judicial and article 9 creditor's sales
- Purchase and sale agreements for real estate, (commercial and residential),
- Preparation of loan documentation including mortgages, affidavits relating to title, deeds, allonges, assignments, corporate resolutions, etc.
- Advise bankers concerning state and federal laws and loan documents
- Bankruptcy issues relating to real and personal secured property, secured creditors and unsecured debts, creditor's rights practice.
- Education & Admissions
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- University of Virginia (B.A., English, Spanish, 2000)
- Awards & Honors
- AV (Preeminent) rated 4.6 of 5.0 - Martindale.com for outstanding ethical standards and legal ability in the fields of civil litigation, trial practice, appeals, bankruptcy, commercial litigation and real estate law
- Presentations &
- <ul> <li>Faculty for NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminars on Debt Collection Practices in Ohio</li> </ul>