Victor T. Geraci
I am an experienced labor and employment attorney counseling clients in all areas of traditional labor law and employment litigation. I represent clients in a range of industries that includes healthcare, manufacturing, and transportation. I am experienced in handling strikes, negotiations, charges of unfair labor practice, and grievance arbitration. I have first-chair trial experience in claims under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as retaliation under Title VII and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. My practice covers covenants not to compete, matters relating to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, defending employers in wage and hour actions, and defending Employment Practices Liability Insurance claims. I have defended employers in both Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Ohio Civil Rights Commission matters, and have served as outside counsel to union organization campaigns.
- Joined Buckingham in 2021
- Represented hospital system in multiple rounds of collective bargaining negotiations, including strike notices, mediation, unfair labor practice charges, and federal court litigation
- Represented manufacturing company in class action arbitration, unfair labor practice charges, and litigation related to picket line violence
- Represented a foreign company in trade secret, unlawful competition, and embezzlement claims related to a former executive who misappropriated business property
- Represented an international publicly traded company in unfair competition and trade secret matters in federal courtLitigated trade secret/restrictive covenant case in federal court involving the alleged misappropriation of proprietary software, theft of trade secrets, destruction of evidence and breach of injunction orders. Obtained successful settlement after litigation and four mediation sessions.
- Represented a local manufacturing client in multi-party OSHA and wrongful death claims stemming from workplace fatality, obtaining successful settlement with equipment manufacturers and the various estates.
- Represented a foreign company in pursuing embezzlement claims regarding a former executive, including RICO claims, criminal investigations, and two lawsuits for conversion and fraud.
- Education & Admissions
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D.), 1988; Moot Court
- Case Western Reserve University (B.A.), 1985
- Ohio (1988)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Awards & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2020 - 2022)
- Ohio Super Lawyers® (2005, 2007-2011)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rating
- Professional & Civic
- Southwest Community Health Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Northern Ohio Italian American Foundation
- St. Albert the Great, Parish Council (2011-2014)
- Presentations &
- <ul> <li>"NLRB and Non-Union Employers," Hot Topics in Employment & Employee Benefits Law, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (October 2016)</li> <li>"How Handheld Devices Are Changing the Equation" and "From Best to Worst: Lessons From the Front Lines," ACC Central Ohio Chapter, Columbus, Ohio (October 2014)</li> </ul>