As a full-service IP attorney with multi-industry experience, I take a business-first approach with my clients who range from entrepreneurial start-ups to market-dominating Fortune 500s. I serve as a trusted adviser and motivational influence to those around me. As a lifelong learner, I go beyond the surface of an idea to enable clients to monetize and leverage their intellectual assets, while continually enhancing the ease in which clients are able to work with me and the Firm.
My practice focuses on all aspects of intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyright, with an emphasis on the preparation and prosecution of patents in the electrical, electromechanical, and mechanical technology spaces. Particularly in patents, clients engage me for my ability to actively listen and understand the technical aspects of their innovations, which allows me to strategically communicate those complex details into compelling terms for the patent office. By having a broad technical understanding, knowing the right questions to ask, and having an awareness of the nuances behind intellectual property protection, I offer my clients the opportunity to attain an optimized outcome with speed and efficiency.
More Rapid Fire Videos:
- Joined Buckingham's Business Practice Group as a Partner in 2020
- Focuses his practice on intellectual property, including: patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights; with an emphasis on the preparation and prosecution of patents encompassing the technology spaces of electrical and computer systems, software, electromechanical devices, and mechanical systems
- Received a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and has a background in electrical and computer engineering and integrated circuit design
- Previously worked as an Intellectual Property (IP) attorney at a regional law firm for more than 15 years
- Received his MBA, with a focus on marketing
- Licensed Patent Attorney through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Akron Blake McDowell School of Law, Akron, Ohio (J.D., 2002)
- Youngstown State University Williamson College of Business Administration, Youngstown, Ohio (M.B.A., 1998)
- Ohio University Russ College of Engineering and Technology, Athens, Ohio (B.S.E.E., cum laude, 1996)
- Ohio Bar
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Member: Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member: American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Section
CONNECT WITH Timothy
Our attorneys will provide a collaborative, thoughtful approach to your legal needs. We look forward to connecting with you.