Stephen J. Pruneski
I am a litigation attorney specializing in complex civil litigation matters including real estate, zoning, construction, business disputes, securities, discrimination and personal injury. I have experience in trying more than 25 jury cases and 50 bench trials, including cases before State and Federal Courts as well as Ohio and Federal Courts of Appeal.
I strongly believe in transparent communication. A client has an absolute right to participate in all aspects of their case from strategy to decisions about expense. I take great pride in making sure they have all relevant information. After 35 years of practice, I have encountered every type and personality of opposing counsel and party and would never compromise my client’s best interest to avoid a difficult conversation or encounter. My client’s interest is always my number one priority.
We work as a team to present the client’s legal position in a way that judges and juries can easily remember and understand all the facts that support our client’s claim or defense.
- Joined Buckingham in January 2021.
- Complex civil litigation practice involving complicated litigation matters including personal injury, property damage, RICO, securities fraud, contracts, employment, and real property.
- Jury and Bench Trial work in State and Federal Courts as well as Ohio and Federal Courts of Appeal.
- Managing Partner from 2006-2010
- Extensive experience handling all aspects of complex civil litigation matters including real estate, zoning, construction, business disputes, securities, discrimination and personal injury law.
- Extensive experience handling all aspects of general business issues including formation of businesses, and all related matters.
- Experience in handling zoning, building and labor issues before government agencies.
- Tried over 25 jury trials, 50 bench trials and 50 arbitration cases during past 15 years.
- Co-counsel in case which resulted in $1.2 million settlement with public utility on claims of fraud and negligence.
- Lead trial counsel in case which resulted in $9.8 million verdict on client’s contract claims and a net settlement of $5 million.
- Lead trial counsel in case which resulted in $700,000 verdict for client arising out of dispute with business partners.
- Lead trial counsel in case which resulted in payments of over $500,000 to client arising out of dispute with business partners.
- Successfully defended Canton Better Business Bureau and West Virginia Attorney General on civil racketeering charges which resulted in settlements with no money being paid to the plaintiff.
- Education & Admissions
- The University of Akron School of Law (JD, 1985)
- Youngstown State University (B.A., Science/Political Science, 1982)
- State of Ohio (1985)
- United States District Court for Northern District of Ohio (1985)
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (1991)
- Professional & Civic
- Served as Law Director for the City of Green, 2000-2016
- Member, Green School's Foundation
- Coach and Legal Advisor of Green High School's Mock Trial Team for 15 years