Stephen H. Jett
I am a litigation attorney with more than 31 years of large law firm experience in complex commercial litigation and administrative appeals. I have represented various industries, including technology, manufacturing, healthcare, commercial real estate, financial institutions, business owners, landlord/tenant, and owners of significant properties. I represent a wide range of clients from individuals to companies of all sizes.
- Joined Buckingham in February 2021.
- Has extensive experience handling a variety of substantive areas, including, among others, business torts, trade secrets, non-compete enforcement, Uniform Commercial Code (Art. 2, 3 and 9), commercial contract disputes, copyright infringement, product liability, real estate tax, real estate litigation, construction litigation, landlord/tenant, commercial lease disputes, Lanham Act, trademark infringement, unfair trade protection, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, shareholder disputes, employment cases, ERISA, and creditors’ rights. Tried numerous cases in state and Federal Court, including significant jury trials.
- Previously managed his own firm.
- Previously served as a partner in a large commercial/business law firm for over 30 years.
- Served in the USAF/Kentucky Air National Guard - CAPTAIN, WEAPONS SYSTEM OFFICER (USAF); Flying RF-4C Tactical Fighter/Reconnaissance Aircraft.
- Education & Admissions
- University of Kentucky (BA, English, 1984)Sigma Chi Fraternity; Deans List
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky (JD, 1990) High Distinction (designating top 5%); Order of the Coif; Kentucky Law Journal, Associate Editor
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- United States Supreme Court
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Awards & Honors
- AV Peer Review Rating (Preeminent) by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell
- Ohio Super Lawyer for Business Litigation (2013 - 2022)
- Best Lawyers in America (2014 - 2022)
- Professional & Civic
- NITA Faculty
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society First Connection Program
- Nominated “Man of the Year” by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Executive Committee for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society “Light the Night” walk
- British American Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association, N.D. Ohio Chapter
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Fellow