As an employment and labor attorney, I provide businesses with necessary and up-to-date guidance spanning from day-to-day employee management to complex claims surrounding discrimination and harassment. When litigation is unavoidable, or a charge has already been filed with an administrative agency, I vigorously defend and guide my clients through the court or administrative process from start to finish. I also support businesses and educational institutions by handling investigations and the decision-making process for Title IX matters.
Both employment matters and Title IX claims are often urgent, sensitive and complex. Therefore I approach each case with a fair and objective mindset, and with the experience and training required to ensure each matter is handled correctly and efficiently.
Prior to joining the practice of law, I served as a general manager for a Fortune 500 telecommunications company. I believe my past experience gives me a unique and important understanding of my client’s needs. My goal is to ensure my clients feel heard, valued and apart of the decision making process when working with me.
- Joined Buckingham's Employment & Labor Practice Group in 2020
- Advise clients on employment issues, including personnel policies, FLMA and requests for leave, discrimination and harassment, wage and hour issues, collective bargaining agreements, restrictive covenants, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, school and public law inquiries and negotiations, and unemployment compensation claims
- Represent employers before administrative agencies including the Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC) and Unemployment Compensation Review Commission (UCRC)
- Advise clients on COVID-19 related guidance and decisions
- Conduct thorough, fair and impartial investigations for claims of discrimination and harassment, including Title IX matters, for corporations and educational institutions
- Handle employment and general litigation matters
- Education & Admissions
- The University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio (J.D., 2019)
- Litigation Certificate from UA Law, 2019
- B.A. from UMASS Lowell, 2016
- Ohio Bar
- Presentations &
- <ul> <li><a href="https://youtu.be/Ig7R_ezCbFw">The Impact of COVID-19 on Employment Issues (30 minute webinar; November 2020)</a></li> </ul>