As an employment and labor attorney, I provide businesses with necessary and up-to-date guidance spanning from day-to-day employee management to complex claims surrounding discrimination and harassment. When litigation is unavoidable, or a charge has already been filed with an administrative agency, I vigorously defend and guide my clients through the court or administrative process from start to finish. I also support businesses and educational institutions by handling investigations and the decision-making process for Title IX matters.
Both employment matters and Title IX claims are often urgent, sensitive and complex. Therefore I approach each case with a fair and objective mindset, and with the experience and training required to ensure each matter is handled correctly and efficiently.
Prior to joining the practice of law, I served as a general manager for a Fortune 100 telecommunications company. I believe my past experience gives me a unique and important understanding of my client’s needs. My goal is to ensure my clients feel heard, valued and a part of the decision making process when working with me.
- Counsel clients on employment issues, including personnel policies, multistate compliance, FLMA and requests for leave, discrimination and harassment, wage and hour issues, accommodation requests, restrictive covenants, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements and employee separations and reductions in force
- Represent employers before administrative agencies including the Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC), Unemployment Compensation Review Commission (UCRC), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC )and Department of Labor (DOL)
- Handle employment and general litigation matters in state/federal court
- Advise clients on COVID-19 related guidance and decisions
- Conduct thorough, fair and impartial workplace investigations
- Conduct workforce training and development
- Serve as a Title IX Investigator and Decision Maker for school districts and universities
- The University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Litigation Certificate from UA Law
- B.A. from UMASS Lowell
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Board Member, Greenleaf Family Center
- Torchbearers Akron, Class of 2023
- "Winter is Coming: Are you ready?" Breakfast with Buckingham, October 2022
- "Making the Call: Evaluating Request for Religious Objections to the COVID-19 Vaccine," Akron Bar Association, January 2022
- "HR Nightmares," Canton Regional SCORE, August 2021
- "Hiring Legalities and Best Practices," Canton Regional SCORE, May 2021
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Employment Issues (30 minute webinar; November 2020)
CONNECT WITH Heather
Our attorneys will provide a collaborative, thoughtful approach to your legal needs. We look forward to connecting with you.