Graig E. Kluge
I have a passion for helping my clients achieve their goals. I use my experience as an in-house real estate attorney and private litigation attorney to offer clients unique and valuable guidance. My background in real estate law includes managing transactions, contracts, zoning issues and construction matters on behalf of governmental agencies, public and private companies and nonprofit foundations.
I continually communicate with my clients to ensure a process that is both streamlined and collaborative. I keep my clients informed throughout every step of a case and ensure I offer them transparency, responsiveness and a positive experience when working with me.
My clients always know that I am a deal maker and I will ensure they will get the best outcome possible, but also that deals do not have to be a zero sum game. Having grown up in an entrepreneurial family, I understand how important it is to be a pragmatic, flexible, and an efficient professional who acknowledges my clients’ needs. I approach problems in a practical, direct and results driven manner, and I want to be a trusted advisor to my clients, so they feel comfortable reaching out to me prior to encountering a problem or issue.
With more than two decades of experience as real estate counsel, property owner, and entrepreneur, I will always help my clients meet their business goals in the most effective manner. I have been on both sides of the table and I know what real estate investors are looking for.
- Served as Assistant Director of Law for the City of Cleveland (2017-2020)
- Served as Senior Director of Real Estate and Development for University Circle, Inc., (2014-2016)
- Served as Project Manger III for the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2012-2014)
- Extensive experience negotiating and drafting contractual agreements including lease, licensing, easement and real estate purchase agreements and development agreements
- Experience overseeing due diligence coordination, vendor contracts and work product, construction timelines and budgetary requirements for numerous real estate projects
- Litigation expertise with successful criminal jury verdicts and appellate arguments
- Education & Admissions
- Economic Development Finance Professionals Certification, National Development Council (2016)
- Case Western Reserve School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio (J.D., cum laude, 1997)
- Mount Union College (B.A., Political Science, 1994)
- Ohio Bar
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Professional & Civic
- Member, Northeast Ohio Law Directors Association (NEOLDA)