Denise A. Gary
I am a workers’ compensation defense attorney with more than15 years of experience representing both self-insured and state fund employers exclusively in the defense and management of their workers’ compensation claims. My clients range from small family-owned businesses to large multi-national corporations, all of which stem from various industries across Ohio.
I have successfully argued on behalf my clients at thousands of workers’ compensation hearings before the Industrial Commission of Ohio involving every aspect of workers’ compensation law. In addition, I regularly litigate claims before the Ohio Courts on allowance issues and in mandamus actions.
I work diligently to counsel and advise my clients on effective claims management and controlling the costs of their claims. I find that an aggressive and proactive approach to defending workers’ compensation claims will save you costs in the long run. Therefore, I am here to assist you in developing a strategy to effectively manage and control your claims.
- Counsels and defends employers in all stages and aspects of workers’ compensation litigation
- Represents employers in workers’ compensation mandamus actions and appellate cases
- Has experience performing investigations regarding sexual harassment and sexual misconduct higher education institutions (Title IX-related investigations)
- Previously worked with the firm from 2004-2009. Prior to rejoining Buckingham, worked for Oldham Kramer
- Served as a magistrate for the Stark County Court of Common Pleas
- Raises and shows AQHA Quarter Horses. Also has experience representing individuals in various aspects of Equine Law
- Education & Admissions
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio (J.D., 1998)
- The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio (B.A., magna cum laude, 1995)
- Ohio Bar
- Member: Akron Bar Association
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: Stark County Bar Association
- Professional & Civic
- Member: Ohio Manufacturers’ Association
- Member: Ohio Self-Insured Association
- Member: Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce & Safety Council
- Member: Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology
- Member: Golden Key National Honor Society
- Member: Phi Sigma Alpha, Buchtel College of Arts and Science Honorary