Alan P. DiGirolamo
Criminal Defense Practice Group Leader
I am a creditors’ rights and bankruptcy attorney and an experienced litigator. I routinely represent clients in collections, class action suits, creditor bankruptcy matters, general commercial litigation, real estate and construction, arbitration and mediation.
When my clients experience difficulties, or have personal or commercial litigation needs, it’s my job to resolve those matters and lead my clients to effective solutions. My strength lies in my ability to analyze complex legal issues and clearly communicate those issues and possible outcomes to my clients in an open and honest fashion so that they have realistic expectations throughout the process.
Given that the industries I serve are result-oriented, I am proud of my track record of obtaining successful outcomes for my clients. At the end of the day, my clients and I work as a team that functions on shared knowledge and trust.
- Practices in the areas of: class actions, creditor bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, secured transactions, banking law, real estate and construction, and general commercial litigation
- Represented national finance company in defense of a class action brought by borrowers alleging violations of RISA and the UCC in its collection upon retail installment sales contracts
- Represented national company that purchases mortgages in bulk in multiple litigations involving collection disputes with its borrowers in state court and bankruptcy court
- Represented regional banks and credit unions in their collections upon numerous loans with their borrowers in state court and bankruptcy court
- Education & Admissions
- Case Western Reserve University School of LAW, Cleveland, Ohio (J.D., 1989)
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona (B.S., cum laude, 1985)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Professional & Civic
- Attendee: National Institute for Trial Advocacy National Session
- Board of Trustees: Sagamore Hills Township Board of Zoning Appeals
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Litigation Section
- Presentations &
- <strong>Presentations:</strong> <ul> <li>“Construction Lien Law in Ohio,” Lorman Education Services</li> <li>“Creditors’ Rights and Protection of Security Interest in Bankruptcy,” Sterling Education Services, LLC</li> </ul>