Because we understand your business... we get you back on your feet.
The extension of financial credit allows the wheels of your business to keep turning. But credit can become over-extended. Changes in the market, competitive innovation, or even natural disasters can cause your business to experience financial trouble and uncertainty. When circumstances such as these arise, we are here to help.
Our representation of clients across a wide spectrum of creditors’ rights and bankruptcy issues allows us to see each case from multiple perspectives. We provide you with valuable insight and practical advice throughout every stage of your financial matter so you can regain confidence in yourself and in your business.
From the simplest collection case to the most complex business fraud matter, our attorneys put decades of experience to work on your behalf. We focus on developing effective, practical approaches that help you weather your current financial problems, get you back on your feet and build for a better future.
Areas of Practice
- • Buying, Selling and Licensing Distressed Assets
- • Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13
- • Claims Litigation
- • Collections
- • Complex Debt Restructurings
- • Credit sales policies
- • Debt restructuring
- • Debtor-in-Possession Financing and Equipment Leasing
- • Disposition of Assets by Debtors with Ongoing Business Operations
- • Environmental Concerns
- • Insolvency Cases
- • Loan Structuring
- • Out of Court Work-Outs
- • Pension and Labor Law Issues
- • Pre-Judgment and Post-Judgment Remedies
- • Receiverships
- • Tax Planning Issues
- Attorneys in this Practice Area
News and Publications
- BUCKINGHAM HIRES BUSINESS ASSOCIATE, ALEXANDER C. CAMPBELL
- Five Buckingham Attorneys Named 2015 Best Lawyers “Lawyer Of The Year”
- Five Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLC Attorneys Earn Best Lawyers in America® 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” Distinction
- Do Not Expect Leniency from the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals for Financial Hardship