Our Commitment to Diversity
Buckingham recognizes that providing exceptional service to our clients can best be accomplished in a thriving, diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to strengthening and celebrating diversity within our firm and incorporating the values of diversity and inclusion as key components of Buckingham’s culture. We will accomplish these goals through:
- Providing appropriate funding, staffing, authority, and structural organization;
- Diversity-related education and training opportunities; and
- Recruiting and retaining the finest talent from all backgrounds, perspectives and abilities.
Promoting diversity is an integral part of our mission to strive for excellence as individuals and as a firm. We understand that diversity extends beyond the traditional measures of gender, ethnicity and faith tradition. It also includes an appreciation for differences in thought, capabilities, style and leadership. We are committed to being a law firm of professionals who are as diverse as the clients we serve and the communities in which we live and work and who model inclusion in our day-to-day activities as individuals and as a law firm.
Ensuring Our Commitment
In an effort to advance our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Buckingham has established a Diversity Committee comprised of partners, associates and administrative professionals who meet regularly to identify and address diversity-related challenges and initiatives and fulfill its mission by focusing on the following strategic priorities:
- improve the experience of all lawyers at the firm;
- promote awareness and encourage open and ongoing discussions about diversity issues throughout the firm;
- focus on increasing the pool of diverse candidates within our firm;
- increase the substantive training opportunities for associates of diverse backgrounds;
- sponsor diversity-related presentations and professional development programs for all lawyers;
- organize diversity and cultural competency training for partners, associates and administrative staff;
- participate actively in outside organizations that promote diversity and inclusion;
- maintain a mentoring program that provides entry to mid-level associates the opportunity to connect with and learn from upper level associates and partners in our firm; and
- provide open forums for communication with the managing partner of the firm on a regular basis to discuss any concerns or issues that diverse lawyers are facing in the firm or community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckingham is committed to fostering a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. It is the policy of our firm to provide equal employment opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.